Basic Security Guard Training
Become a Licensed Security Guard Today!
Register and Start Training Instantly!
Over 6,500 People Trained Since 2007!
Becoming a Security Guard is easy but you need to know where to start. You need training, and a license. Let us help you get started...RIGHT NOW!
You'll get Trained In:
- Role of a Security Guard
- Crowd Control
- Powers of Arrest
- Dealing with Angry and/or Disturbed People
- Patrol Techniques
- Use of Force, and much more. See below for more information.
Online Course means you Start Your Training as fast as you can sign up. Register and start training right away. Learn at your own pace with no time limit and finish whenever you want. Our course is available for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Alberta (ABST)
- Manitoba (MBCTP)
- Saskatchewan (SBST)
- Ontario (MCSCS Approved)
Why Train at GuardTraining.ca
- Instant Course Access
- Easy To Read, Easy To Follow, Easy To Finish
- 24/7 Access to your online program
- Full Customer Support from Training to Licensing
- Amazing Customer Service
- Learn at Your Own Pace - Never miss work
- Save Money
- Mobile and Tablet Friendly
- No Classroom Required - 24/7 Course Access
Canadian Academy of Guard Training prepares you for a rewarding career as a security guard. Because your role is so demanding and varied, we offer high quality training. Once you successfully complete our online training course, you'll be able to book your provincial exam, and after passing that test, get your Security Guard License. It is mandatory that you take a training course that is approved by the government before you can register for the exam.
We have been training security guards since 2007 and our modern platform, engaging content and interactive course will teach you everything you need to know to prepare for and pass the course and the exam. Additionally, we can provide a supplemental study guide for you - AT NO ADDITIONAL COST to help you understand what you need to know.
↖ CLICK BUY NOW ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE TO GET STARTED.
Our Security Guard Training program combines video elements, quizzes and interactive elements to keep you exciting and engaged with the course. While the course material takes 40 hours, because the course is 100% ONLINE you learn at your own pace. When you are ready to write the exam, we will help you book it. Don't feel required to attend a classroom, learn from home on any device you own. At the end of each section, there will be a short quiz to ensure you retain the information.
Exam price not included with basic course. Exam is included in the → fast track bundle.
Becoming a Security Guard is easy with these 3 steps!
Step 1 - Take Security Guard Training - Pass our Approved Training Course - Register by clicking Buy Now on the Left. The course teaches you about security, patrol tactics, the law, customer service, how to keep yourself and other safe and much more.
Step 2 - Pass the Exam - We will help you book and prep for the exam.
Step 3 - Apply for your License - We can provide all the information you need.
- The role of a security guard
- Physical security and crime prevention
- Classification of information
- Computer security
- Workplace accident prevention and first aid
- Preventing infection - blood-borne pathogens
- Professionalism and public relations
- Ethics, deportment and professional conduct
- Handling customer complaints
- Diversity awareness and sexual harassment
- Telephone techniques
- Handling crisis and the media
- Dealing with angry, and disturbed persons/ strategic verbal strategies
- Interacting with disturbed persons
- Dealing with intoxicated individuals
- Crowd control
- The security officer and the legal system
- Powers of arrest
- The Criminal Code / Canadian Legal Authority
- The Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Use of force
- Access control and alarm systems
- General patrol techniques
- Note taking and report writing
- The rules of criminal evidence
- Response to immediate crisis
- Fire detection and prevention
- Categories of fire
- Types of extinguishers
- HAZMAT awareness
- Responding to bomb threats
- Traffic control and direction concepts
- Labor disputes
- Interacting with others in the justice system
- Security and police relations
- Appearing as a witness