Alberta Security Guard Licensing Requirements
Individuals applying for a licence under the Security Services and Investigators Act must meet the following requirements:
- At least 18 years of age (16 if applying for a Locksmith Apprentice Training Licence)
- A Canadian citizen or legally entitled to work in Canada
- Competent and of good character
- No serious criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted
- No outstanding criminal charges
- Not the subject of a criminal investigation
- Fluent in speaking English.
- The standard for fluency is the ability to communicate effectively with the public and members of the emergency response system during emergency situations.
- Successful completion of training requirements (see Alberta Security Guard Training page for more information) for the class(es) of licence being sought
- Successful completion of baton training if seeking authority to carry a baton
- In addition to providing proof of qualifications, applicants will be required to swear an affidavit on the application form attesting to their qualifications. Swearing a false affidavit will result in suspension or cancellation of a licence.
For Alberta students we will arrange an exam sitting for you upon satisfactory completion of the course.
Students Trained Since 2007
"Thank you! This course gave me the experience that I can use in life as well as with my work." -
Paige M., Winnipeg, MB
E: [email protected]
987 Portage Ave,
View Larger Map